Go where many have not! Experience a chance of a lifetime to go to Sable Island in Nova Scotia. With this three-night stay, guests will get a chance to explore a part of Nova Scotia that only a handful get to see. This is the wild of wild, so remote, yet positively beautiful and gentle. This expedition is for those who seek remoteness, want to be immersed in an environment that functions entirely on its own and then kick back and enjoy creature comforts like no other.
During one of your three days, explore the habitat of wild horses, observe the world’s largest breeding colony of gray seals, and experience sand dunes that will take your breath away. After your once in a lifetime experience, the adventure continues at Fox Harb'r Resort where you choose an activity. When the sun sets, dine with us in our award-wining dining room and enjoy a three-course meal with our very own vintage.
It's the perfect way to spoil yourself this summer! You don’t have to go far to check off this ultimate life experience. It is a rare chance to explore where the wild horses live.
Your Fox Harb’r Sable Island Adventure package includes:
• Return 300km helicopter flight to Sable Island National Park Reserve from Fox Harb’r Resort
• Helicopter flight on twin-engine, Sikorsky S-76 A++ offshore helicopter to Sable Island National Park (1h 25m flight)
• Meeting with Zoe Lucas from the Sable Island Institute
• Orientation by Parks Canada
• 6-8 hours of guided walking and exploration by fully equipped guide
• Visits to the many grazing areas of the island’s wild horses
• Delicious picnic lunch that meets any dietary restrictions
• Guided walk to main station and outbuildings (exterior), the areas most frequented by horses and Grey Seal colony
• Level of difficulty for Sable Island 4/10
Sable Island Itinerary
8:00 - Flight orientation and depart Fox Harb’r Resort to Sable Island 10:00 - Land on Sable Island National Park Reserve
10:15 - Transfer by jeep to main station
10:30 - Orientation by Parks Canada staff
10:45 - 12:30 p.m. - Exploring the dunes and beaches in search of wild horses 12:30 - Picnic lunch
1:15 - 4:15 - Continued hiking / exploring including the north beach seal colony 4:15 - 5:00 - An opportunity to take time on your own
5:00 - Our final farewell on the beach, time to take it all in or get those extra photos in, then we muster and transfer to helicopter and depart
6:30 - Arrive back at Fox Harb’r (island departure times vary)
What’s not included
Transportation to Fox Harb’r Resort, travel insurance, gratuities, items of a personal nature and any incurred cost related to weather (it is very rare, but possible to be stuck on the island due to weather and, cost for accommodation may be applied by Parks Canada).
Payment, cancellation policy.
50% deposit by credit card to hold the reservation and full payment is due 30 days prior to departure. The weather travel window factored into the package is due to island weather conditions. All guests are expected to be available for either day. Cancellation must be made 30 days prior, otherwise full payment is required.
Preparing for a trip to Sable Island.
If you are on any medications, it is advised that you bring 1 week’s supply with you as a safety precaution. There is no cell service on the island, however your guide always carries a VHF radio and is in communication with the park’s main station staff. If guests choose to take time on their own at the end of the day, each guest will be required to carry a two-way UHF radio (provided) to stay in contact with the guide.
What to bring to Sable Island:
• Comfortable, active clothing for the time of year and weather. Dress in layers, expect cooler temperatures on the island
• Comfortable walking shoes /hiking boots. Walking in sand all day is tough, make sure you’ll be comfortable
• Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen
• Water bottle. There is potable water on the island. Your guide will have extra for the hike.
• Camera (goes without saying)
• Walking stick, small backpack
• All park and landing fees, a donation to the Sable Island Institute
• Fox Harb’r Sparkling Wine celebration toast at the landing site upon return to Fox Harb’r Resort from Sable Island
• Welcome bottle of Fox Harb’r Estate Chardonnay upon arrival to your room
• Choice of 1 Hour Sporting Clay Shooting, Archery, Kayaking or Trout Fishing Experience
• Arrival day, savour your sustainable sourced, 3-course dinner with a glass of resort-grown Nova Scotia Tidal Bay wine and sea views from the best seat in the Cape Cliff Dining Room
• Three-night Accommodations (accommodations vary based on date)
July 20-23, 2022
July 20 Check in, activity selection & Dinner July 21 Sable Island Tour
July 22 at leisure or back up rain day for Sable Island
Single Rate: $6,665 + 15% HST
Rate for 2: $11,795 + 15% HST
Room based on Studio Suite. Upgrade available upon request. Surcharge will apply.
August 25-28, 2022
Aug. 25 Check in, activity selection & Dinner Aug. 26 Sable Island Tour
Aug. 27 at leisure or back up rain day for Sable Island
Single Rate: $6,725 + 15% HST
Rate for 2: $11,855 + 15% HST
Room based on King Classic with Balcony. Upgrade available upon request. Surcharge will apply.
Contact us for more information on this 'Lifetime Experience'
*Offer is subject to availability at time of booking. Not valid in conjunction with other offers. Dates are as specified. Not applicable to groups. Rates and inclusions are subject to change. Rates are $CND and are subject to 15% HST. Flight will only fly with a full aircraft. If all seven seats are not sold your trip costs will be refunded 30 days prior to departure. 50% deposit required to secure your reservation.