Follow the route first established by Captain George Vancouver through one of the most species rich coastal marine environments on Earth. View grizzlies, migrating and resident whales among other wildlife off coastal B.C. Cruise aboard an intimate, all-inclusive vessel then bed down in several rustic and comfortable ecolodges located deep within the wilderness.
The British Columbia coast, including Desolation Sound, the Gulf Islands and Salish Sea is your atlas as you settle onboard the intimate “Pacific Bear,” a retrofitted former fishing vessel. With a maximum of just 16 passengers, this naturalist-led expedition motors into less visited small inlets and coves famous for their wildlife habitat. It is often possible to see grizzly and black bears feeding on shore, and it’s common to see humpback and orca whales, in addition to many other coastal animal and bird residents. The Captain welcomes visitors to his spacious pilothouse where he demonstrates the traditional navigation techniques used by Captain George Vancouver, whose historical route is traced by the boat. Dine collectively on board enjoying fresh cuisine, including complimentary wine and beer, while viewing the forested shoreline thru large windows or from the covered upper deck. Every evening, this marine excursion disembarks at renowned coastal ecolodges that include, among others, Homfray Lodge and also Tsa-Kwa-Luten Lodge, where guests explore Laichwiltach culture.
Day 1: Monday
- The Historic Lund Hotel Arrive on your own into Lund, BC, gateway to Desolation Sound
- Note: Scheduled airport transfers are offered complimentary from Powell River Airport for guests flying (35 min.) from Vancouver
- Welcome reception tonight dockside, on board the Pacific Bear. (Check-in scheduled for 5:00 pm)
- Dinner and Overnight at The Historic Lund Hotel, Lund, BC
Day 2: Tuesday
- Depart onboard the Pacific Bear from Lund Harbour this morning and cruise to the northern tip of the Sunshine Coast and into spectacular Desolation Sound and remote Homfray Channel.
- Breakfast and Lunch onboard the Pacific Bear. Cruise to Homfray Lodge
- Overnight Homfray Lodge
Day 3: Wednesday
- Full day cruise to spectacular Toba Inlet visiting waterfalls and watching for wildlife. Breakfast and Dinner at the Lodge. Lunch onboard the Pacific Bear. Overnight Homfray Lodge
Day 4: Thursday
- Quadra Island Depart Homfray Channel and cruise Desolation Sound to Quadra Island and Heriot Bay.
- Breakfast at the Lodge, Lunch onboard the Pacific Bear and farewell dinner. Overnight at Tsa-Kwa-Luten Lodge
Day 5: Friday
- Depart Quadra Island and cruise to Lund Harbour
- Breakfast onboard the Pacific Bear. Return to Lund Harbour. (Estimated arrival at 12:00)
The 5-day all-inclusive tours depart mid-June to late September from Lund, B.C. A complimentary shuttle is provided from the Powell River Airport. Tour rates begin at $2,555 per person, double occupancy. A special “Shared Chalet” price of $2,265 for 4 guests is ideal for friends and couples traveling together. Peak season rates ($2,775 and up) apply July 2nd – September 10th. Alcoholic beverages during stays in Lund and Quadra Island are not included. Taxes and gratuities are also extra.
The two dates with availability are August 27-31 and September 17-21
Contact us for more information on this exciting experience 604 733 1010 or by email